The photo was taken several years ago at the Mexican Mountain back country airstrip. The windsock was installed upside down. We aviators hope that the windsock is not lying to us.
The scripture is from the Pearl of Great Price and is part of Moses' visit from Satan after his experience on Mount Sinai. Translated the saying says "Don't deceive me Satan" In English the scripture says "Get thee hence Stan, deceive me not..."
This past week was the "Super Moon". In reality it was a bit of a non-occurrence. It was only marginally closer than it has been in the past during full moons - less than 100 miles. Nonetheless, I took a photo or two. Here is the serious photo I took:
The next night I went up on the roof and took a couple more shots. This is the most serious of them. I replaced an overexposed moon in the original shot with one I took that was properly exposed to make it look more like it appeared to the eye.the sky, right? Here it appears in the south.
And here it is in the north. This is the Costanera Center tower. It is the highest building in South America. It is actually not terribly tall. It is only about 64 stories high, about 950 feet.The original shot shows the moon in the east. There isn't anything particularly interesting in the west so I didn't take any photos in that direction.
Other than the above, the week has been a very normal week. We go to the temple for the afternoon shift at about 3:30 and get home after closing the temple at about 10:30. Saturdays it is a bit earlier. We leave about 12:30 and get home around 8:00. We are currently 4 hours ahead of Utah time.


No comments:
Post a Comment