The photo is the center of the Milky Way galaxy as seen from San Pedro de Atacama. I took the photo when we were there in June of this year.
The scripture is from Moses 1:37 in the pearl of Great Price.
And the Lord God spake unto Moses, saying: The heavens, they are many, and they cannot be numbered unto man; but they are numbered unto me, for they are mine.
This week we had another dinner invitation from one of the ward members where we attend. This week it was the Vidal family that invited us over for dinner. Like last week it was delicious. The menu was very similar - roast beef and rice. There were also potatoes, corn, Lima Beans and onions, fresh strawberry nectar and Naranja Fanta (Orange soda).
The Vidal family has six children. Two of them are married and live away, four live at home. They are all older children, the youngest son having returned from a mission in Brazil one year ago. However the youngest is a daughter that is only 7 years old She is a very sweet little girl and always seems to be very happy. They told us that she is a special blessing in their lives.
The married son and his wife just moved into their own home about three months ago. They have a daughter that is just a little older than a year. They lived in New York when she was born. They now live in Santiago and he is studying to become an architect. He will finish next March.
Here is a photo of the group:
I have arranged for a car this evening and invited Elder Davis, Elder Burnett, and Elder Jensen to accompany me. We are going to travel south outside the city and hopefully get to see the Magellanic Clouds. I have not seen them for nearly 50 years. That is one thing I would really like to see again before we head back north of the equator. I am going to see if I can get a photo of them tonight also. They culminate around midnight. The sky is clear. Should be a good night. 47 Tucanae and NGC253 are also on the list.


No comments:
Post a Comment