Sunday, June 14, 2015

.....

I got my nails done this week.  They promised they could do gel nails.  I went hopefully into the store.  Well, they didn't know how to get the old gel off my nails.  They kept trying to soak it in nail polish remover, and guess what?  Nothing happened!  They resorted to chipping it off and soaking it in cold water for about 45 minutes.  When I was done I had a nice manicure and they were careful to put TWO coats of polish on my nails so it would last a long time.


And I got a warning that gel would weaken my nails.  Yep! Especially when you crack it off the top.  Here is the nice lady that did it.  She was excited to have her picture taken.

Another thing we do is walk around to different little shops and get things like bread, vegetables, and spices.  The spice man has his own shop and all the spices are in big bottles.  We just ask for 50 somethings of a kilo and 25 something else of a kilo.  After he has given us our spices we owe about $2.  I like the spice man.  He speaks English that he learned watching movies.  He was also happy to have his picture taken with his little scale.

I am the branch organist.  It is a good job because I know where to sit and no one tries to talk to me before or after church since I am busy.

We introduced ourselves today in church.  That means we were two of the main speakers.  Brent and I stood together at the pulpit - me in my winter coat and yellow scarf because the building is cold. Brent spoke about us and I kind of understood it.  Then he translated for me. It started with, "Do you have anything you'd like to say?"  I came up with "Si." After a big pause - that being the extent of my language skills, I told the group that I eat ice cream for breakfast. (Brent was a little surprised when I started telling jokes and he was supposed to translate. But he shouldn't have been.)  He played along and was a good translator.

No comments:

Post a Comment